June 9, 2009

My Half Marathon

These girls I work with at my salon. I love them and have a ton of fun with them! The one in pink is Diane and she ran a half marathon back in November and REALLY wanted to run one. But with my asthma, November in Washington is not a good time for me to run 13.1 miles!! And so we decided June 7th, my Birthday!! What a perfect time!
These are some pictures of right before the race...I was freaking out a little, okay, ALOT!
These are some of during the race. The kids and Brant met me at mile 8 1/2 to cheer me on and then at the finish line. I was seriously moved to tears as I ran. I have come so far in training for this and here I was doing it!! It felt really good...Rachelle came in at 2 hours 20 min., and then me at 2 hours and 40 min., and then Diane at 3 hours! Wierd how we were all 20 minutes apart!
A few of after. I felt really dizzy after I stopped running so they put me on a table to eat some oranges and get hydrated! Did you notice my number? 2728!? It was on my Birthday. I was 27 and turning 28 on that day!! Crazy huh!? Brant pointed that out to me, this race was totally mine!
I finished!! And now on to the next!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

CANDACE said...

OK so...doing the 10K bridge run in Charleston will be NOTHING compared to doing a half marathon!!!

way to go! what a great way to celebrate your birthday. you.are.aweseome.

Misty said...

congrats...that's awesome!

Mechelle said...

Nadine! I don't know if I'll ever do a marathon, but I think you are awesome!

Life in the circus said...

Congratulations on running the race. What an inspiration! I'm so proud of you!

Kaela said...

I can not tell you how impressed I am!!!! You have SO inspired me! I want to work towards something like this after I have this next little one. The longest race I have run is a 5k... and let's be honest... I am not racing anyone but myself and using the energy of the people around me to get me to the end:) Awesome time too!!!

love my family said...

Nadine rocks!! You are wonderful. Congrats on finishing your race. That is awesome.
Oh by-the-way, Happy Belated Birthday. I'm sorry I didn't call. I love you.

Our Deli-Sub said...

Good job Nadine!!!